Wednesday, January 27, 2010

chili & mini corn bread muffins

CIMG0408

again.
The rain persuaded me to be in the kitchen. But this time to make some good ole fashion hot chili. My co-worker Scott made this amazing chili for a potluck back around Thanksgiving and I decided to give it a shot.

Very simple to make.
Here's what you'll need:

2lbs - ground turkey
1lb - hot turkey sausage (uncased) {whole foods didn't have this so I substituted with chicken & artichoke sausage}
3 - packages of chili powder {any kind you fancy}
2 - cans of stewed tomatoes
1 - can of chili beans
1 - sweet onion (chopped)
2 - serrano peppers (sliced)
2 - jalapeno peppers (sliced)
1 - habanero pepper (sliced)
1 - bottle of beer (any) {I used Pacifico}

Steps:
1. Brown the turkey and sausage together in a pan (make sure not to over cook/a bit pink in the center)
2. Transfer meat to a pot and throw in all three types of peppers and onions and pour in beer
3. Let that simmer a bit (about 10 min while stirring occasionally)
4. Toss in the rest of ingredients (chili powder, tomatoes, and chili beans)
5. Cover and let simmer for as long as you please (stirring occasionally)
6. While it's cooking throw some cornbread in the oven.
7. Serve and top with what ever you desire. voila!


*you can alter the level of spiciness by using less or adding more peppers.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds so delicious! I LOOVE chili! I don't get to make it unless I'm at my mom's house because I have no crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love this! cornbread's on my "to make" list so maybe i'll have to try muffins!

    ReplyDelete